Eve The Fiber Fanatic

Monday, February 15, 2010

Crafty things



I have been busy with these things lately. Snow days do help with getting some of these projects done. I got a new Extra Fine Gauge Sock Loom from DaLooms and the first pix is of it inside the Knifty Knitter's smallest loom. Yep, that is really tiny.
Second and third pix are of a pair of booties that I hand knit with wool yarn and felted. The pattern I found was from craftzine website. Be nice if I could figure out how to put links in here. You just make a long strip in squares of color six colors long and then two squares off the side of the last square. Like a big L shape. Then a bit of folding and sewing and presto You have a slipper shape. Toss it in the washer for a while till it is the size you want. I actually put them back in the other day and got them a bit smaller than the pix shows as they were quite large enough to fit a size 9 or larger at that size and I am an 8 or so. Since they have a lot of stretch and give I wanted them a bit smaller. Had to really watch them tho. I really love them! They are sooooo cute and nice and snuggly warm. I do wear them with a pair of cotton socks as I am not sure that my easily irritated feet would tolerate the wool. Better to be safe and it is warmer that way. Old Farm house floors without finished basement under them are COLD. In the kitchen I keep my case of pop on the floor in the winter and it keeps my pop chilled to the temp I like. Cold but not frozen. So something on the feet is Necessary!

4 Comments:

  • At 2/15/10, 12:33 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Can you give me the web addy for those slippers? Looks like a great pattern!

     
  • At 4/17/11, 6:48 AM, Blogger Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things said…

    Eve, I'd like to "follow" you on blogspot, but don't see a way to do that. Help? I'm on the charkha list, lurking mostly, and just took Eileen's class at Greencastle yesterday. My blog is at Journeyswithsue.blogspot.com. Come over and see me!

    Like these booties! Must try that. How big are the squares initially?

     
  • At 9/30/12, 4:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 9/30/12, 4:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    (I messed up my first comment so I deleted it---sorry.)

    But what I wanted to say was that I wish I knew how to do those things on a loom like you do. And the booties are very nice!

    Bo :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home